Integrating Trusona for Salesforce
Step 1 - Email Us
- Your company name and
- Email address domain associated with your Salesforce account, e.g. "mydomain.com" if your email address is "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Trusona will use this information to generate an .xml file. Trusona will email that file back which is needed to complete Trusona for Salesforce integration. (You can expect to receive an email from Trusona within 24hrs)
Step 2 - Custom Domain
Create a custom domain in Salesforce:
Setup > Domain Management > My Domain > "Create your custom domain" > Register Domain
Note: Once your domain is registered it will be up to the organization's policy whether to still allow logging into salesforce through login.salesforce.com or only allow login through the organization's new customized domain.
Step 3 - Enable SAML
Make sure that "SAML enabled" is checked. Setup > Quick Find search Single Sign-On Settings > Edit > check offSAML Enabled > Save
Trusona support must send you an .xml file before continuing to Step 4
Step 4 - Upload Trusona's .xml
While in Single Sign-On Settings
- Select "New from Metadata file" button.
- Choose File
- Upload the .xml file Trusona sent you
- Select Create
Step 5 - Edit SAML Gateway
While still in Single Sign-On Settings
- Select Edit
- Change Name to Trusona
- Confirm Request Signature Method is set to "RSA-SHA256"
- Select "Assertion Contains the User's Salesforce username"
- Select HTTP Redirect
- Make sure Identity Provider Login URL is populated
- Select Save
Step 5B - Creating a Federation ID
Note: The XML file provided by Trusona is customized to your organizations's email domain. If your users have a different email domain as their username than you will need to create link between their email domain and the organizations' by creating a Federation ID for those users.
- Setup > Manage Users > Users > edit next to the user's name.
- Enter the email address the Salesforce user uses to login to Salesforce in the Federation ID field
3. Setup > Security Controls > Single Sign-On Settings > Select Edit under Action > Select Assertion contains the Federation ID from the User object > Select Save.
(Green Box) Trusona is going to send you back a confirmation email that you are ready to Login using Trusona with Salesforce.
Step 7 - Check off Trusona
Setup > Quick Find search My Domain > Edit in Authentication Configuration > check off Trusona > Save
Step 8 - Visit your Custom Domain URL in Browser